All The Pretty Little Things

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Boston boy's 1st birthday party

My Boston boy is one!!  I can hardly believe that it has been a whole year since he was born.  We are so blessed to have this little man in our family.  He is a mover and shaker always on the go.

Jarrod and I decided that since his birthday is in the summer, we had to do a pirate pool party.  We had a blast looking on Pintest and coming up with ideas for our celebration.















I had a ton a fun making this cake.  The sand is ground up graham cracker and Jarrod got these cute little pirate lego guys to top it all off.
Found a picture of this on Pintrest and let my amazing hubby do the rest.  He did such a great job making our Shark melon!

These jello cups where so cute and the kids loved them.

I went with Texas sheet cupcakes and made this cupcake stand out of candle stick holders and plates form the dollar store.  Not bad for $6:)

We had the party at my Aunt Tammy's house.  She already had these little picnic tables so we just put plastic table clothes on and cute some wrapping paper in half to make a runner.  To top it off, we added some candle sticks form home, coins and necklaces.

Boston got some great gifts and seemed to have fun opening them up.

What party would be complete without a pinata?  We found this one at Party City.  He wasn't sure about the pinata its self but he sure liked the bat.

When it came time for cake, Boston wasn't quite sure what to do with it....lucky for him he had lots of help:)
I think over all, the table was the most fun to create.  I made the Happy Birthday banner and Jarrod set up the sale.  I am so happy with how everything turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is outstanding Boston boy's 1st birthday party. Having a lot of fun watching the birthday party posts these days because I am finding the inspirations for my son’s 4th birthday bash that I want to book at the local Chicago venues for events. When I saw your post, couldn't help but admire all of the details about this bash. Will copy your party ideas for his birth day.

    ReplyDelete